The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Sunday, August 31, 2008

We're Waiting for You, Baby Girl!

Well, I've reached my 32nd week with a ton of impatience. I have been having dream after dream of having the baby. Two nights ago, I dreamt that SHE ended up being a HE. Oh, boy! I was pretty relieved when I woke up because I had no idea how I'd ever find the heart to paint over the pink and lavender walls all ready for a little girl. Since that dream, I've dreamt every night that our little bundle has come early- and that I haven't had a chance to wash her clothes yet. Now that her room is almost ready- I think I may just wash her newborn sleepers so I do have something clean for her to wear if she makes an early appearance. I went back to work this week, and it has shown me how fast these last 7.5 weeks are going to go. I only get 7 weeks with my students before I go on maternity leave. They can't go by fast enough!

Cheyenne and I finally had a chance to talk on the phone yesterday after over a week of phone tag. While I was on the phone talking to her, Andrew got into a bag of min-morsels chocolate chips. I found him hiding under the dining room table. I always know he's up to no good when he gets quiet. I found him sharing the chocolate with Ella- NOT good. About ten minutes later, I had to end my phone conversation with Cheyenne because the little stinker snuck the bag of chocolate chips into the living room, and proceeded to get them EVERYWHERE- on himself, on the couch, and on the couch pillows. Andrew apologizes for the interruption, Cheyenne.

Andrew's bedroom is now pretty much done. He has an enormous Spiderman bed filled with stuffed animals. We then let him put up Spiderman (removable) decals all over his room- along with some Cars posters. Painting was done by Mom and Dad Hackbarth- and I can't hire them out because I think after doing their granddaughter's bedroom- they are going to retire from the World of Painting for awhile. :o)


Superman is flying over one of Andrew's walls- courtesy of Great Unca Phil. :o) It only took us about three years to use it, but it looks really cool in his room. He sorta pops off the walls. Andrew thinks Superman looks like his Uncle Phil, so when you ask him who that is, he'll probably tell you, "Unca!"
Ta Da! Here's my little princess's room! It's not done yet- as I'm still waiting for the letters that spell out her name to arrive so I can hang them above the crib. I love absolutely EVERYTHING about her room. The crib is from Penneys, and I adore it. So, if you're pregnant, I highly recommend a crib from there. The big white teddy bear was a Valetines' gift to me from Ryan about ten years ago.

Aside from the brand new crib, the furniture in my little girl's room has some history behind it. When my great-grandma Ciardo passed away, she left my mom a little bit of money. Together with that, and a little bit of help from her big brother, Phil, my mom bought herself a bedroom set. When she bought the bedroom set, it was yellow with white trim. After she had me, the bedroom set became mine. As pretty as it was, I hate the color yellow. So, when we moved, my mom got brave, and she painted the whole bedroom set white, and put periwinkle trim on it to match my new bedroom's walls. I loved it. So, I am now passing the bedroom set onto my own daughter. So, my mom came over and together (although she did much MORE of the work), we repainted the trim to match the pink walls in the baby's room. I think it looks prettier than EVER this way. Can you tell this bedroom set is over 35 years old?!


Here's the mirror and dresser that goes with the set. I'm going to use this as the baby's changing table. I love how open her room is, and even though we can fit a separate changing table in there, I would hate to make the room feel cluttered. Not pictured is a bookshelf that used to be Ryan's, and that I painted white to match the room. When I'm done stenciling on it, I'll post the pics of it.

Here's the baby bedding that inspired the whole butterfly theme. I picked the bedding out because I like purple more than pink, but I definitely wanted both colors in her room. This was the softest bedding set I have ever felt, and I just loved it. I also like that the bedding set comes in a full size, so when her bed converts into a bed, I can just buy the same comforter without having to change any of her other decorations. I got her set from babysupermall.com which I highly recommend- even over amazon.com. No taxes and free shipping- you can't beat that!

My parents are really excited to meet their first granddaughter. Both of them have already labeled her their little princess (and I hate to admit it, but so have I), and they have pretty much snatched up any princess items they can find- including this little crown that now decorates her bookshelf.

6 comments:

Mom said...

Wow!!! The people who painted those rooms did an awesome job. They did about as good a job as the person who picked out the designs and colors.(ha,ha) Really both rooms look great. I'm glad they turned out so well. I'm glad that you and Ryan are happy with the way they turned out. I'm surprised that the purple curtain looks blue in the pictures. I also think that the bedroom set looks great for being 35 years old. Also I have a little surprise I'm working on for you. It should be ready by next week. Love you,
Mom (Grammie-I love that)

Michelle said...

Ooh- I like surprises! Thanks for your help, mom!

JandC said...

Everything looks perfect!! and Mr. and Mrs. Hackbarth--great job! I can't wait to see it all in person and to see you all in 3.5 weeks!

Kerry said...

Michelle, the room looks great and your parents did an amazing job of painting both rooms.

Nicole and Nils said...

WOW. The rooms look amazing! What a fantastic job. Your kids are so lucky to have such great grandparents!

Megan Swift said...

I haven't been on here in a while...Avayas room looks adorable!! Andrew's room is super cute!! I can't wait to meet your little princess :)