As I write this, it's Sunday afternoon. I only have 59 more days until my daughter is born. Take the number of days on my countdown and subtract 3 days. :o) Both of my boys are downstairs napping on the couch. My parents just delivered my old furniture, which is now my daughter's. I'm going to spend the afternoon and evening retrimming and touching up the bedroom set. I can't wait to see it when it's all done! The crib was assembled and put together on Friday night, and her sheets were washed and that was all set up on Saturday. My goal was to get everything done in her room before I went back to work. Once school starts, I will have even more responsibilities, which will make it hard on me to get things ready for the baby. Pictures of hre room will come when everything is finished.
Ryan came home Friday night with a turtle! Apparently the little guy was trying to cross the road, and Ryan didn't want him getting squished. Since we live right on a pond, he brought the turtle home with him. Andrew had never seen a live turtle that close before.
Here is the release of the turtle into Ziegler Pond. He ran to the water pretty fast once he was set down.
Lana and Ben had us babysit Alexander and Leonardo on Saturday afternoon. I couldn't resist snuggling my new little nephew- although it proved far more difficult than I thought. His little cousin didn't much like having his weight on her, and there was a lot of pushing and shoving from her side of my belly. But- at least I can say that I've captured their first snuggle time together.Here is Andrew playing on his swing set, which Ryan finally finished. Now we have to decide what to do around it. We might make a large sandbox around the whole thing, but we're open to suggestions. Today we ate a picnic lunch under Andrew's fort on the little picnic table. Until..... Andrew spilled his Sprite, which attracted a swarm of black jackets. So, we ate on the patio after that.
2 comments:
Dad and I were really happy with the way your bedroom set looked in the babies room. Just a little touch up and repainting the blue trim pink or purple which ever you decide and it will match everything else perfectly. When I picked that bedroom set out I never thought it would be used by both my daughter and grand-daughter.
I just go in there and sit- I love her room so much that I may move in with her! I really wanted to get the painting done today, but I think I really needed that long nap. Thanks for the help today, mom and dad!
Post a Comment