The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Andrew's 3rd Birthday Weekend- Spoiling All Around!

Andrew turned three years old this Saturday! When we asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he told us the zoo. He wanted to go with his cousin Alex and his buddy (AKA- Grandpa Hackbarth). So, we made it happen. Of course it did help that my parents bought Andrew a zoo pass for Easter, so we saved $70 just on our ride into the park.

We packed the two boys up in the Radio Flyer, and Ryan hauled them around the zoo. It was a gorgeous day, and the zoo was packed. It was nice to have my parents along to help us keep an eye on the two boys. Ryan and I are now a wee bit more nervous about the kind of energy that goes into watching TWO children. I've also learned that there aren't too many maps that can confuse Ryan, but the zoo had even him a little turned around.
This was one of my favorite pictures of the kids all day! They got a kick out of taking this picture too.
Here they are by the huge pond inside of the zoo. This was our second attempt to get a good shot of the boys for Papa and Grandma Ziegler. Moments later, a large goose flew loudly out of the water and hopped up onto the wall and started walking towards us. If any of you know my mother- then you would know that she hates big birds like that, and pretty much wanted out of there right away. I didn't blame her; that thing was almost the size of Andrew!

Ryan and me with our son, Andrew, and godson, Alexander.

Here we sat the boys down in the reptile room and posed for a picture for Papa. Seriously- it took like five shots just to get them both to look at the camera at the same time. I think Alex is still saying, "Cheese!" here.


This is pretty much the view we had of the two boys all day. Here they are looking at the ever-active spider monkey exhibit. The spider monkeys were swinging around the whole area, much to the delight of our own two little monkeys.
Here Andrew is later Saturday night at his birthday party with my side of the family. He's with Auntie Mary and "Grand" Unca Phil. They bought him the world's coolest remote controlled car. I still have to get the rest of the pictures from my mom from that night- so there will be more images to come later this week.
Sunday night, we had Ryan's side of the family over to celebrate Andrew's birthday. Here he is blowing out his ice cream cake.
Lana (my sister-in-law) is due on June 5th with our new nephew. We decided to take a picture with our tummies since we got to be pregnant for a couple of months together. So, here I am at 19 weeks. I'm at the half way point right now since I'm delivering one week earlier than my original due date. :o)

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Michelle, I can't believe Andrew is already 3. Where had the time gone? Although what am I talking about, I have a 2.5 year old on my hands. Happy 3rd Birthday Andrew!

Patrick and Betsy said...

I can't believe you're already half way there! Yay!