The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend Ends in Peacock Spotting

We hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Here are a few updates on how ours went. I realize that I haven't posted any pictures lately, and I will try to get some up soon! FIRST- on Saturday morning, we went to Baby Preview to double check the gender of Baby Sunshine. She is STILL a girl- so now I am pretty confident that there won't be any little "surprises" in the delivery room. :o) After that, we used our Zoo Pass to spend some family time at the zoo. It was wonderful. This was the first Saturday where I felt relaxed and had nothing hanging over my head. It was the best day I've had in a LONG time. Then, we went to a Toyota dealership to check out some cars there. The Zieglers are in need of a new car. I have been driving the same Saturn since 1997. It is worth $500. Remember that jeep Andrew owns? I was pretty darned near close when I said his jeep may be worth more than my car. With having two children and a long drive, I think safety needs to be considered. Ryan has a two door car- which was not practical with one child and would be just plain foolish with two. We have a van too- and we're looking into only have TWO cars. We'll see how our car selecting adventure unfolds over the next few months, I guess.
I must end this lovely little blog tonight by sharing what happened on our way to Walmart. I'm looking out the window and I see a peacock strutting around. At first, this little scene didn't seem odd to me becaused I had JUST been at the zoo the day before. Well then, Ryan started turning the car and I realized we were heading at it. That's when I thought- Holy Hell- there's a peacock in the road. Am I the only one that finds that odd? Ryan and I- and I think the other few cars behind us- all had a great laugh as we watched the thing waddle past. Weird.

1 comment:

Patrick and Betsy said...

I guess peacocks like big savings too.