The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's a GIRL!!!!

Ryan and I went to my 20 week ultrasound today, and I am still in shock because we're having a daughter! As I drove to my appointment from work, I began to look for signs of what this baby might be. As I was driving, I thought I'd listen to the radio and see if any of the names I have picked out would pop up. A moment after I thought that, the announcer mentioned some Elizabeth Fountain. This was strange because Elizabeth is one of the names I like. Then the song, "In My Daughter's Eyes" came on the radio. "You've GOT to be kidding me!" ran through my mind. So, I snapped the radio off.

Before we knew Sunshine was a girl, the above picture of her face was taken. She was looking right at us, and she smiled- I swear- can't you see it?! Her little hand is up under her chin too- I swear she is posing already! The little drama queen also threw her hands around in the air at one point- so we were able to see her fingers and thumb stretched out. Her face in the ultrasound looks a lot like Andrew's did in his.


Here is Sunshine's "girl" shot. I believe we are looking at her stomach facing up- and her knees and legs are spread apart. The doctor seems pretty confident that this really is a girl. She took several shots, but this is the best one. In fact, I have more "private part" shots than I have of her face! I have never seen a girl's ultrasound before, so I'll have to take her word for it! Her heart rate was high once again at 160 bpm. It has never fallen below 151. Andrew's reaction to our news was, "No, I want a boy like Leo." Leo is his new little cousin, and he pretty much fell in love with the little guy last Friday. After a few seconds of encouragement, he smiled pretty happily about having a sister. As for me, I went to Target and looked for something to buy. Most of the stuff out now will be too cold for her to wear in October, so I bypassed it. I did settle on a little jean skirt though and some hair bands- although if she is anything like Andrew, she won't have hair until she is three anyhow.




7 comments:

Mom said...

You made my day!

Patrick and Betsy said...

Yep, that's just what Katelyn's ultrasound looked like. Bring on the pink!

JandC said...

you made my day too...i must have repeated to myself (or to john) about 20 times yesterday "michelle's having a girl!" and it made me smile :) i'm so happy for you guys

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like we are going shopping for a pink Jeep!

Kerry said...

Congratulations Michelle and Ryan. Andrew's going to be a great big brother.

Megan Swift said...

Michelle, those ultrasound picture s are adorable. I'm so happy you and your family!! congrats darlin!