The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Big Helper

Yesterday was my three hour glucose tests, which I passed! I got to the lab bright and early, and then I got to sit there and pass three hours of my day in the waiting room. The nurses were little old ladies who were actually quite cute. They told me to entertain myself with the people in the waiting room because apparently it can be quite the hopping place. I chose to just work on grading some papers instead. When the test was done, I drove over to Andrew's "school" to pick him up, which I NEVER get to do. It was the best feeling EVER to see his little face light up when he saw me walk in the door. Unbeknownst to me, a little punk in his class had told him (Andrew) last week that he (Andrew) didn't have a mommy- only a grandma. This upset my son, and my mom tried to put him (the punk) in his place. So, I'm glad I could show up and prove my existence. I think Andrew gloated a little as he left.

On the way home that afternoon, we stopped at McDonald's for an unhealthy lunch. I was absolutely starving because I had to fast for my test, so it was almost noon before I got to eat. In true preggo fashion- I was so hungry that I ordered a couple of things off the menu. And I will shamedly admit that it all was delicious. :o) Andrew and I spent the rest of our afternoon cleaning- where he put his towel folding skills to good use. Then we took a nap together- Andrew's obviously longer than mine.

1 comment:

JandC said...

glad you passed! andrew's gonna be quite the ladies man--he can sing, clean, he's a cutie...can he cook? :)