The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Saturday, May 17, 2008

After a Short Silence- I'm Back!

Obviously, we've been busy in the Ziegler household. I haven't posted a blog in over a week! I usually post things on the weekend, but with last weekend being Mothers' Day, I got too busy. Ryan and Andrew spent a weekend planting bushes and trees. Now, they're watering them together- well Andrew is actually filling some more dirt in under that bush.


The Friday before Mothers' Day, I went out with my mom and the girls she works with to La Estacion in Waukesha. Since I worked at the daycare center last summer and Andrew goes there, I know most of the teachers we went out with. Below is my friend Megan and me. She was Andrew's first teacher who wasn't my mom. He still loves her to bits. My mom and I each had a virgin raspberry margarita. They were yummy!

For Mothers' Day, Andrew wrote all over the envelope of my card. He writes mom all by himself now. He can also write dad. My other gifts included a wild flower mix- chosen by Andrew and a bunch of scrapbooking stuff- yippee! Now if only I had time to actually use the stuff......


Speaking of scrapbooks, I will never think my time scrapbooking is time wasted because Andrew loves his books. He looks through them all the time, so it makes me enjoy doing new pages for him even more. Here we are on the couch going through his baby scrapbook.

Andrew is one cute kid, but he has some funky hair. We are currently trying to grow it out a little to see if that makes it lay better. This makes for perfect spiky hair conditions. Andrew likes to comb his hair into the spike after he washes his hands in the bathroom. It has become a ritual to him. I go potty, I wash my hands, and I do my hair. You may notice that he also likes running around the house in as little clothing as possible. He got this car for his first Christmas- when he was 7 months old, and he still loves it- even though he barely fits in it anymore.

Look at that tan! After spending the day outside with dad, Andrew is sporting a golden face. His hair is also returning from dirty blond to golden blond.

And here is me- looking shamefully horrible. I took a two hour nap today, and it made me a rumpled mess. I am 17 weeks pregnant today. I went for my 16 week appointment on Tuesday, and they gave me my glucose test early since I had some concerns about maybe having diabetes. Well, the nurse called and said the test came back abnormal, so that means I have to take a day off of work to do the three hour glucose test at the hospital. I'll have to bring a great book along to keep me occupied. Baby's heart rate a month ago was actually 175- I had to ask her. This time it was in the one 150's and since I was focused on the earlier 175, I missed how high in the 150's she said the heart rate was. I'll have to check again next time. My next appointment should determine gender. We haven't decided for sure if we're going to find out- and if we do- we may keep the information to ourselves.

BABY UPDATE: Baby Ziegler #2 will be born on Wednesday, October 22nd at 9am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank goodness you are back...do you not realize you fulfill my blogging enjoyment?!

Patrick and Betsy said...

cute bump! :)

JandC said...

well shoot! i was hoping baby sunshine would be born on the 21st to match my bro! oh well :) it was nice to talk to ryan for a few minutes yesterday, hope you had a good nap. give me a call when things settle down! the new blog will hold me over for a little while :)

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.