The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

11 Week Update


Yesterday marked my 11th week and 3rd day of pregnancy. I had my twelve week check up one week early since my doctor is booked solid. What I don't understand is if a typical pregnancy is 40 weeks long, then why do all the websites say that I'm done with my first trimester after twelve weeks? Technically it should be 13.5 weeks- right? Either way- according to all my pregnancy calendars- I'm in my second trimester starting on Sunday. Yippee! Maybe the annoying evening nausea will finally disappear. Anyhow- now that I'm entering the second trimester, my doctor's office deemed it safe to book the next five appointments with me, which was much nicer than this month to month stuff where they could barely squeeze me in. So, my next ultrasound, which will hopefully determine Baby Z's gender, is scheduled for June 10th.


I don't care what anyone says- I'm already feeling Baby move around. At my appointment Baby's heart rate was 174bpm. The doctor acted really shocked (in a good way) at how strong and loud Baby's heart beat came through. You'd think she'd be totally immune to any surprises since she does this all day, every day. BUT- she insisted that our Baby was really "frying" in there- whatever that means. She also stated that maybe the baby is a girl due to the heart rate. I had always thought that was an old wives tale that was never backed by any scientific data. Either way- if it's a girl- she's a cheerleader jumping away in there- or a very hyperactive boy who is already practicing his sumo wrestling technique to keep up with Andrew.

This picture was taken a year ago. Andrew got this jeep from my parents for his second birthday. It has brakes, a forward and reverse stick, and a radio. It may be worth more money than my Saturn. :o) He's already a better driver than me! I don't have any new pics to add, so I figured I'd add this old one. Andrew is dying for a nice spring day so he can take a ride in his jeep again.

3 comments:

Patrick and Betsy said...

Hooray for the mid-week update! :P

Nicole said...

I love reading your blog.

JandC said...

maybe the ultrasound lady said "flying" in there? i just re-read your blog and thought of that :) i don't know!