Everyone kept bugging me that Andrew needed a haircut. Unfortunately, Andrew wouldn't sit still long enough for Grandma Hackbarth to cut it, and she's a big softie, and can't stand to make him cry. Although I will agree his hair needed a trim in the back and around the ears, I was NOT all for this haircut. I didn't want him to lose the beautiful blond hair he acquired from the summer in the sun. BUT- as I said, I was tired of being bothered.
So, here we are at the Family Salon in Super Walmart. Daddy was brave and went first, and then held Andrew on his lap while he got his haircut. I bribed him with: a piece of gum (which he chewed with his mouth CLOSED) and a ride on his jeep. His hair dresser was a heavily tattooed woman. She had enormous tatooes all over her legs. Maybe this made her cool to him. Or maybe those tattoes scared him into behaving. Maybe we need to hook Grandma Rose up with a few tattoes so she seems a little more ominous. $30 later, both boys were trimmed. My son's beautiful blond locks are gone.
Here he is- freshly trimmed- and trimming our Christmas tree. Yes, the Zieglers have decided that if we start NOW, maybe all our decorations will be up before Christmas. Then they will be up until close to March. I love the holidays. I am not fond of Andrew's new do, and I am feeling a little bitter about it. Ryan says he looks more like a boy. Hmph! What do YOU think?!
And from this point down, all the ornaments will be clustered in this spot. Andrew has yet to learn the art of scattering ornaments around the whole tree. We'll just adjust these later tonight when he's in bed. :o)
While Ryan and Andrew trimmed this tree, Aveya and I bonded in the kitchen by making cookies together. I promised her that next year she could actually eat one of the cookies we made.
This outfit was given to her by Miss Megan. Isnt' she adorable in it? I love things with ears. :o)
3 comments:
Katelyn's fall jacket has ears too. I love it!
All the pictures are adorable. I never should have enlarged the picture of Andrew getting his haircut. His eyes are closed so tight and he looks scared. It broke my heart. The result was a very cute haircut. When I saw him today his face just looked even cuter to me, if that is even possible. The shorter hair makes his eyes look bigger and his dimples stand out more. I just love those two little ones.
andrew looks so grown up with his new hair cut...he's looking studdly. Aveya looks super cute in that outfit..i'm glad you liked it cuz she looks adorable!!
Post a Comment