The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Surprise Delivery!

Good Job, Mommy!

By now, all of you probably know that our little girl is here! I went in on Wednesday, October 15th for my LAST doctor's appointment before Aveya was to be delivered via c-section a week later. While I was at my appointment, the doctor realized that I hadn't gained weight last week, and this week I lost a pound. My baby bump measured the same as last week too, which made my doctor a bit concerned. She took me in for an ultrasound, which showed calcification on my placenta. Apparently that happens when the placenta gets old. So- she sent me to the hospital for a non-stress test, and she told me to take one Wednesday, Friday, and Monday morning. Whoa. So- I walked myself over to the labor and delivery section of the hospital for my non-stress test. This test showed that I had an elevated blood pressure, which kept getting higher the longer I sat there. It also showed that I was having very regular contractions. Leave it me - to go into labor while already AT the hospital- and to have NO clue. I mean- my tummy was tightening- but I thought labor was supposed to HURT.

Long story short- after keeping me there for a few hours- they decided to keep me overnight, which rapidly turned into- "We're delivering your baby NOW" after they realized that my "regular contractions" were the REAL deal- which they found out when I was 80% effaced and 4 cm dilated in the few hours I was there. Ryan had all our guy friends over- as planned- and I had been keeping him posted from the hospital because I NEVER expected to have the baby that day. The doctor came in looked at me and said, "How fast can Ryan be here?" 45 minutes later, I was on the table in the OR.

And at 8:52 pm, every head in the operating room turned to me and said, "It's a girl!" and I got to hear my little angel let loose some pretty solid wails. Ryan and I thought we were in for a real screamer of a child, but she's been pretty perfect. Here are a bunch of pictures from our crazy day!

A bunch of older ladies get together and crochet hats for the babies in the hospital. Aveya got to sport this yellow hat that matched NONE of the pink I had for her. It drove me crazy. Unfortunately- I was unable to move- so the hat remained on her head until my mother thankfully bought her a pink one. :o)


Ha, ha- there are THREE babies in this picture. Aveya is sitting on her future best friends. Evan and Kristin came to see me the next night. :o) This will be them x2 in a few months.

Yesterday was the best Sweetest Day ever! We got to take our little princess home from the hospital. I know she's mine, but isn't she beautiful?!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Congratulations Michelle, Ryan, and Andrew! Aveya is beautiful. That's great that a lot of your friends from MHS that have moved out of state are (or were) in town for the reunion and hopefully able to see you and beautiful Aveya. Congrats again!

Nicole and Nils said...

She IS beautiful! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Ryan told me right away when I walked into the reunion Friday night and my disappointment of not seeing you quickly turned to joy for you guys!!