Well, I just got back from my 37 week appointment. I had asked the doctor if she could please feel my belly to see if the baby's head had dropped or not because I can't for the life of me figure out what Aveya is doing in there. Well- she touched my belly and said, "Oh, wait, you're having a contraction- I have to wait until it's done." I was like, "Excuse me? A contraction? I don't feel anything!" To which she responded, "Oh, good. Then they're probably just Braxton Hicks contractions." Fabulous. She checked me out though, and I am dilated 2 cm. Now, this is interesting news to me because ONE day before Andrew was due- I had not dilated even a smidgen. And now- two weeks before I'm due- and I'm dilated 2 cm!? Lovely.
My mother is willing this child to stay inside of me until the 22nd because she has taken off to spend a week and a half with me. I'm not sure what will happen next, but stay tuned! I personally think this is just my daughter's way of teasing me into thinking she might come early- I'm sure I'll be in the hospital deliver as scheduled on the 22nd.
Other fun news? I didn't gain even one pound since last week! Sensational- and here I thought that extra bowl of icecream last week and the constant sitting around was going to haunt me. I think there's another bowl of icecream in my future tonight!
3 comments:
I was 2cm dilated at my 37 week appointment too. Katelyn came at 39 weeks. I'm pretty sure I stayed at that dilation for the next two weeks. I remember when the doctor told us that I was dilated and could go any day Patrick almost fainted. Hopefully Ryan's more of a rock. :)
There's a part of me that really wants her here NOW, but really- I'd rather she came on time because then I won't have to worry about going back to work until AFTER Christmas break, and that's what I'd prefer.
How exciting!
Post a Comment