The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Spirit Week




This week was a little crazy for me at work. I run student council, and this was our Spirit Week. We ran a week filled with dress up days. Thursday was Twin Day- here are some shots of me with the girls I work with.

Kristin was my twin, of course! We're such good twins, that we're even pregnant at the same time. I kinda dig the big shirt I'm wearing because I don't look too pregnant in it!



From Left to Right: Laura, Amy, Me, and Kristin

Laura and Amy are best friends too, and they are on the sixth grade team with Kristin and me. May I just add- I am really lucky to get to work with such a great team of teachers. They always support me 100% during my student council projects, and I couldn't do it without them.



From the back! Kristin and I used an iron on transfer and put pictures of the two of us together from over the last 8 years.


Spirit Week festivities ended with an all school assembly yesterday afternoon. As a school, we did Penny Battles all week long. Each grade level was trying to protect their teacher from Duct Tape Doom- getting duct taped to the wall in our gym in front of everyone. Pennies were worth positive points and all other money was worth negative points. Kids had to put pennies in THEIR teacher's bucket, and all other money in the other teachers' buckets. In four days, we raised over $300, all of which is being donated to Pennies for Patients, which is an organization that collects money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Here is the lucky teacher who got duct taped to the wall. He dressed up like Spiderman for the occasion. He is actually assuming the Spiderman crawl formation on the wall. Under his Spiderman cape- he is covered in duct tape. And yes, he is hanging there- the chair was removed, and the duct tape held!

1 comment:

Patrick and Betsy said...

It's funny to look at the first pic of your last post (the view of you from the side) and then the picture of you in the tie dye shirt...it looks like you had the baby in between posts!