The Ziegler Family
Saturday, March 1, 2008
9 Months is a Long Time!
Well, today marks the end of my 6th week of pregnancy. Next week will be my 7th. Naturally that equates in doctor terms as this: I am 6 weeks pregnant today. This also means that my wee one has a long road ahead of him/her. We didn't really anticipate sharing our news for a few more weeks, but hopefully that just means we have more people saying small prayers for our little family. I've learned that my husband- can't keep a secret- he told everyone he works with almost immediately. My mother- also couldn't keep the news to herself. So, I figured- what the heck? If I didn't spill soon- I wouldn't get to tell anyone! We also weren't planning to share too much of this information with Andrew until I was farther along, but since he went to the doctor with me so I could confirm the pregnancy, it wasn't like we could really keep it a secret. Andrew is smart- very smart. His Auntie Lana is pregnant, and so he understands enough that keeping it a secret would have been silly. So, we made him a part of it. He's very excited to be a big brother, but he doesn't really understand why the doctor didn't take the baby out yet. I keep explaining that the baby could fit into his hand right now. "She's just a little dot?" he asks me. That's the other thing, he is convinced this baby is a girl. We've told him several times that it could be a boy, but he doesn't seem to believe this. So far, he's wanted to name him/her Georgie, Jo-Jo, and Lily. Where he got those names is a mystery to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray for your first blog post!
andrew IS very smart...because it IS going to be a girl...i'm with andrew on this one :)
so i'm thinking that andrew got the name lily from kindercare. sometimes i take andrew and rose (in his class, not your mom)to go into the infant room to see baby lily, which is rose's little sister..so maybe that is where he got lily from..but georgie and jo jo..i have no clue. he is to funny.
Post a Comment