1.) Aveya and Andrew both had a doctor's appointment the first day I had off. And they BOTH got shots. My mom came to help me since I was pretty sure I'd have two crying kids on my hands. I was wrong. Aveya didn't cry at all- apparently that extra weight in her thighs is good for something afterall! Andrew- freaked out- and spoke in tongues- no, seriously- he did. "Dodeedeedeedeedeee!!!" This was followed by his very first dentist appointment the next day. I'm proud to report that the child had NO cavities, and that although he loves to floss- he has adequate space between all his teeth- so it's not really necessary The trauma from the day before led to the below photo:
2.) The second week of break, I took a class with one of my closest friends, Laura. It was a classroom websites class, and pretty much everything that could go wrong for me- did. This includes my entire website being erased from my flash drive by a magnet (long story) the night before my project was due. I had to redo pretty much the whole thing. BUT- I did get to spend a week with Laura, who is moving to the elementary school and won't be in the classroom next door to me this year. :o(

This is me with Laura during our Middle Ages festival a couple years ago.
4.) The Teskas came up to the cabin with us in early July, and Aveya got to see her first fireworks. I already blogged about both of those occasions.
5.) Aveya suffered from the end of June through early August with a recurring ear infection. I slept on the floor of her room for a good chunk of the summer. Ryan was kind enough to put the futon mattress on the floor of her room. She finally had tubes put in her ears. We went this week to have her hearing tested, and she passed with flying colors! She's been quite the little entertainer since her recent ear surgery. See for yourself!
6.) We took MANY trips to the zoo!
This sealion is blind from the cataracts on its eyes. It's also very noisy.
7.) Cheyenne came home with her family for two Wisconsin visits. Hopefully she'll be here permanently by this time next year!
8.) Our backyard was pretty much torn up in an "attempt" to "fix" the problem.
9.) I am in a book club with my friends. We are reading The Time Traveler's Wife. This same group went with me to see My Sister's Keeper, which I was disappointed in. They changed the ending of the book for the movie. BAD move.
10.) Grandpa and I celebrated our 29th birthday together. :o) Grandpa is 86! Grandma had meatballs the following Sunday to celebrate. There are a lot of BOYS in the family:
This is my cousin, Nick, wrestling with his twin sons Lukas and Jakob and his other son, Nick AND my Andrew. Mike's two future stepsons are in the background. Aveya, Gina, and I are the only blood-related girls in the family! No wonder I thought Aveya was a miracle girl!
11.) I've read lots and lots of books!!! Thank You For All Things, Sloppy Firsts, Second Comings, Charmed Thirds, Scarlett, Runaway, and a couple more. :o)
12.) My parents came and spent Saturday with us building new shelves in our garage so Ryan can get his new Prius into it.
13.) Did you know that Ryan's Prius got rear ended TEN days after he owned it? In rush hour traffic going FIVE miles per hour- someone got impatient or careless- and bump. Can't really run off in a traffic jam. So, yeah- his bumper is all scratched up. Luckily- he got paid to repair it.
1 comment:
I like the new background! I can't believe summer is over! :( At least I will be able to see you EVERY day now, not just once in awhile!
Post a Comment