The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Juliana Sue Ziegler

Juliana Sue is now 22 months old.  She is a little spitfire.  Ketchup and yogurt become lotion to her at meal times.  She will climb anything she can reach.  She is an escape artist, and she truly has a mind of her own.  If she decides she wants something, she will persist until she has become successful.  We have two children who will sleep in gloriously LATE on the weekends.  Juliana is up by 6:30- or earlier- every single day.  We hear, "Mama, 'nuggle me!  I want to eat.  I want to eat.  I want a pup (cup), I want a pup.  Mama, wake up!  I want to eat! I want to eat!" I think you get the picture.  She's impossible to ignore.  She's impossible not to love.





Last week, she decided that she was NOT tired.  She was NOT going to sleep.  Now, I know a lot of you out there are all about the "cry-it-out" method, and more power to ya.  I have tried that with both Andrew and Juliana.  Unfortunately, crying for hours upon hours is totally within the realm of possibility for them.  I cannot sleep through this.  My other children cannot sleep through this.  Juliana is so loud, that I'm pretty sure the Heltemes, Linstedt, and Chistiansen families will all be able to hear her wails.
So, Ryan and I gave up.  We brought her into our bedroom to at least allow the other 2/5 of the house  to sleep.  I had to record her antics because, really, who else would believe that my 22 month old was THIS wide awake at 10:30 at night?!  Her last nap ended at 3:00. 

Video #1: Does she even look remotely sleepy?



Video #2: If clicking and clacking your tongue doesn't work, how about trying to convince your parents to wake up your sister "Ella/Aya" (someday she'll be able to say AVEYA).


Video #3: Or you can always pretend to sneeze a few times. 


Video #4: Maybe you can soften your daddy's heart by offering to 'nuggle him.


Video #5: Maybe mommy and daddy will give you CAKE?



Video #6: Finally, if nothing else works, just ignore your parents and SING!

No comments: