The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Friday, September 3, 2010

Andrew's First Day of Kindergarten!

Well, it's official! Our baby boy is growing up. Today, September 3, 2010, he started kindergarten! We (or at least I) have worried about this day since before he was even born. To soften the kindergarten blow, Ryan and I took some steps to ready him for his first day. We signed him up for a sports class, we organized a "kindergarten play-date", which only ONE kid came to, and we had a little icecream social at our house last night with all the kids who will ride the bus with him from our block. We think all our preparation paid off! Enjoy our journey!
Here's Andrew next to HIS tree- the one he helped Ryan plant.

Papa Ziegler came over this morning and gave Andrew a lucky coin that his cousin Alex used on HIS first day of kindergarten. Here's praying that Andrew doesn't lose it today!


Now we're waiting for our friends to join us on the bus stop.


The gang's all here!



Eek! My belly was doing somersaults as we waited for the bus.


Josie, Lucas, John, and Andrew- great group of kids who helped Andrew out all day!



And here's the bus. Please notice Lucas's protective arm around Andrew's backpack- melted my heart!


Boarding the bus!


Mommy and Daddy met him at the Flag Pole to be sure he got where he needed to be all right. A thumb's up from Andrew shows that he is ready for his big day!
Below is a video of Andrew's entire morning- if you'd like to share in the fun.


In the video you will hear Andrew ask, "Where's Mumma? Where's Mumma?" when he sees Ryan as he gets off the bus. I got there about five minutes later with Aveya. I'm SO glad I went too because he was looking for me!

3 comments:

Ryan Z said...

Thanks for putting this all together, Michelle!

Let's just say that it wasn't quite what we expected, and I can't begin to say how proud I am of our big boy on his first day! He's growing up so fast, and I know he's going to do great now that the anxiety of STARTING is over. Love you, bud!

Ryan Z said...

Oh, one more thing... Papa informed me that that wasn't really Alex's lucky coin, it was a coin that papa gave to Andrew for good luck and to think of his big cousin.

Kristin said...

YAY ANDREW! Isabella and Alivia loved your video! They loved your backpack, too! We can't wait until we hear all about your day! Have a lot of fun next week!
-Evan, Kristin, Isabella and Alivia