The Ziegler Family

The Ziegler Family

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Captured Moments: Some Firsts for Aveya!


Here we are at the Milwaukee County Zoo for the first time in 2009! It also marks Aveya's first time at the zoo (outside of my belly anyhow). A nice passerby took a family picture for us beside one of their many plantings. The zoo sure does have some nice flowers!


This was our attempt at a family photo before a nice lady came over to help out. We almost all made it in! Poor Aveya lost her mouth in this shot. I love Andrew's little face though!


Daddy with his little monkeys.


The monkeys and me. It's hard to get them both to cooperate for a picture. Aveya can't focus on anything else if she can see her big brother.


If you look closely- you can see a peacock with his feathers raised behind us. It MUST be mating time for the peacocks because they were honking away at each other like crazy. They were EVERYWHERE. I did a little research and apparently they honk when they are mating and they raise their feathers to impress the females, which are called peahens. Babies are called peachicks. Hope I taught you something!

This peacock circled around and around and those he was modeling his feathers. Let's just say his backside it not nearly as impressive.


This is Aveya's first picture at the zoo. We took as we walked in. I carried her all day in the Baby Bjorn, and Andrew rode in the stroller. Aveya loves the Baby Bjorn, so she kicked her little feet in excitement the whole day.


Here she is sporting her first REAL pair of sunglasses- courtesy of the gift shop. Can't beat a $3 pair of glasses that are this cute! This was taken right before we left- hence the rusty truck behind us in the parking lot.


Why, you ask, have I posted a picture of my dog licking herself? Great question. I was matching a large array of socks the other night, and I placed Aveya on a blanket on the floor beside me. Across the way, Ella began cleaning her legs and paws. See next picture, please.

Suddenly I hear some noises coming from my daughter. I turn to see her mimicking the dog- by licking the air- not her arm.


And so begins her skill of mimicking. She has now started trying to clap her hands and has said "Mama, Dada, Ella, and Gramma". I'm not saying she's quite mastered the skill of calling all of us by name, but she can mimic pretty well. You can hear her say Mama when she's upset- like she's calling for me. I love my little babbler. :o)

No comments: